- Grades should be updated within two weeks of teacher receiving assignment.
- Formative assessments are worth 20% of their grade.
- Summative assessments are worth 80% of their grade.
- Assessments that are excused for a student will have a "X"
- Assessments that are missing for a student will have a "Z"
- I believe it is most important for students to get the learning experience. Therefore, I do have due dates but I will always accept late work. I emphasize the importance of sticking with due dates so students don't get behind.
- In sewing, all work must be done in class.
- In cooking, a student may be requested to make up an assignment at home with a note from a parent that the student prepared, made, and cleaned up their cooking project.
- Students are always practicing Common Core reading and math standards through their work in FACS class.
- We are always working towards National Standards in Family and Consumer Sciences.